Institute for Public Health Practice News
INSTITUTE PUBLICATIONS AND PRODUCTS
- IPHP has information on the outbreak of Influenza H1N1 in the H1N1 Toolkit. Click here to access the H1N1 Toolkit.
- "How Would You Like Your Burger?" Grand Rounds presentation now online.
PREVIOUS NEWS ITEMS
- Alzheimer's Association Webinar: Results from the Cognitive Impairment Module of the Iowa Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, July 27, 2011. More...
- UI College of Public Health student Loren Adams is in the “Professional MPH for Practicing Veterinarians” degree program. His practicum took him across the world, where he developed an extensive rabies prevention education program in Afghanistan. To learn more about his experience, click here.
- Iowa Governor's Conference on Public Health, April 5-6, 2011. More...
- Webcast: Cancer in Iowa: 2011 Report, March 14, 2011. More...
The American Public Health Association has issued a brief summarizing the workforce provisions of the Affordable Care Act and providing an update on the implementation and funding of this provisions. More...
- National Public Health Week, April 4-10, 2011. More...
- Iowa Public Health Conference April 13-14, 2010. More...
- Grand Rounds April 23, 2010 "How Would You Like Your Burger? New Developments in Food borne Disease Outbreak Detection and Investigation." More...
- Cancer in Iowa: 2010 News Briefing Webcast now available. More...
- "2010 Flood Predictions" webcast now available.
- US DHHS launches its Health Literacy Action Plan, an initiative promoting simplified language in medical settings. Details here.
- Survey of Community Health Centers highlights methods to improve care. From the Commonwealth Fund, available here.
- CDC Offers Free Web-based Health Literacy Training for Health Professionals. More information available at the CDC course web site here.
- HHS and IOM launch Community Health Data Initiative. Press release available here.
- IOM to offer web cast of June 2 meeting, "The Community Health Data Forum: Harnessing the Power of Information to Improve Health." Information and instructions available here.
- The United States Department of Health and Human Services launched its health reform Web site in Spring 2010, complete with updates, videos, and current issues. Click here for that site.
- The National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO) announced several updates to the NACCHO Toolbox. Click here for more information.
- The devastating earthquake in Haiti has left thousands injured and homeless. Supporting well-established relief organizations is the best way to help Haiti now. Learn more...
- The University of Iowa has released the latest campus-wide Pandemic Influenza Plan. Click here for more information.
- The Iowa Public Health Association releases new material from the Get Ready campaign. Click here for more information.
- The Rebuild Iowa Office has released its first report and supplement on Public Health and Health Care.
- The Rebuild Iowa Office produces Iowa Recovery Times newsletter. Click here for more information.
- ASPH Article on the Pan Flu Task Force
- Trust for America's Health releases a blueprint for modernizing public health for the next president and congress. Click here for more information.
2007 & Earlier