Communications and External Relations
The Office of Communications and External Relations produces and disseminates information about College of Public Health research, news, and events to faculty, staff, students, alumni, and friends of the college, the public health practice community, policymakers, media outlets, and other key constituencies.
Staff of this office create publications and news releases, maintain the college’s web site, offer graphic design services, and serve as the collegiate liaison to campus partners, including University Relations and the University of Iowa Foundation. This office also provides coordination of a number of college-level programs and events, including alumni relations activities, the Richard and Barbara Hansen Leadership Award and Lectureship, and the college’s National Public Health Week activities.
- InSight is a biannual magazine for alumni and friends showcasing the research, teaching, and outreach activities of the college’s five departments and 25-plus research centers and institutes.
- ReView is a biannual electronic newsletter for alumni and friends of the College of Public Health.
- CPH News Digest is an electronic summary of upcoming events and news produced and collected by the CPH Office of Communications and External Relations that is distributed to CPH faculty, students, and staff.
- News Releases highlight notable College of Public Health research, activities, and awards.
- Richard and Barbara Hansen Leadership Award honors individuals who have demonstrated exemplary leadership in the health field.
- Alumni and Friends provides news and resources for College of Public Health graduates and supporters.