Who qualifies for the medical screening?
Individuals who worked for or in the vicinity of Line 1 from 1949 to 1975 are eligible for the free FWP medical screening such as:
- those directly involved with AEC/DOE production operations
- guards on surveillance duty
- laundry personnel who handled contaminated clothing
- cafeteria staff
- various tradespersons
- delivery and storage personnel
- IAAP employees who were involved in ongoing construction and maintenance activities
- those who worked in the rail and storage yards, burning fields and demolition areas, including Yards C, G, and L; Firing Site Areas, Burning Field "B" and Storage Sites for Pits and Weapons, and Buildings 73 and 77
Regardless of how long or short the employment period was or the former worker’s current health status, all who worked for or in the vicinity of Line 1 from 1949 to 1975 are eligible for the free FWP medical screening.