Hey kids!! You can make a difference
Do your part to educate your community about farm safety and health. We’ll even give you the money to do it.
|In 2013, 4-H youth and Washington County Extension worked together to conduct a project entitled “Stay Safe, Take a Break” where they handed out goodie bags (ear plugs, dust masks, homemade treats, etc.) to farmers at harvest.|
Examples from the past:
• Distributed ear plugs, sun screen, and cookies to farmers at harvest time
• Built a farm safety hazard hunt scene
• Purchased blurred vision goggles for an educational program
• Held a coloring, poster, or writing contest about tractor, ATV, livestock safety
• Held a car seat checkup and gave out candy to those using them
The top project winner will be offered an expense paid trip to the MRASH conference in fall 2014.
2014 Application Packet (PDF version)
2014 Application Packet (Word 2010 version)
Applications are due March 3, 2014 with a final report due September 30, 2014. Approved applications will be announced by March 31, 2014.
For more information or assistance with this program, contact Shari Burgus at email@example.com